Buck and Judy Henderson Honored at Founders Day Event
The Dana Point Historical Society honored Buck and Judy Henderson with our...
Celebrating and preserving the history of Dana Point
News – Fiesta Scholarship Fundraiser on June 24
Join in support of our scholarship program again this year by reserving your tickets (download the form here:
for our annual Fiesta Dinner to be held on Wednesday, June 24, at 6:00 PM at Doheny State Beach (includes parking). The Doheny State Beach Interpretive Association will again open the Visitor Center 5:30 – 6:30 PM to view the aquarium and exhibits. Jack Saunderson, of Lucy’s El Patio Café, will once again serve up his delicious Mexican fare. Refreshments and parking are all included. Last year’s turnout was tremendous! Be sure not to miss out on this festive event, which supports the $1,000 Doris I. Walker Scholarship and the $1,000 Lucy Chavarrias-Saunderson Scholarship and is annually given to two deserving high school seniors headed for college. Members and businesses are invited to contribute prizes for the opportunity raffle. Items such as gift baskets, show/sports tickets and gift or restaurant cards are appreciated. Please contact us at 949-248-8121 with any questions.
Welcome new members!
David and Amy Hanacek
Please note members dues renewal payment is in January. This could also be a good time to up-grade your membership to the Patron level or even a Life Membership.
All contributions are tax deductible as the Historical Society is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Dana Point Historical Society advocates for the historic buildings that contribute to the eclectic visual character of the community and serve as reminders of Dana Point’s rich and colorful past, for the enrichment of current and future generations.
SUPPORT THE DANA POINT HISTORICAL SOCIETY THROUGH RALPHS COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS PROGRAM
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FOR THE NEW TERM BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2014.
There is no pre-registration! This means that the first day you can register for the new term is September 1, 2014 or after.
1. All members who are currently enrolled in the Ralphs Community Contribution Program will remain active until August 31, 2014.
2. Participants will be required to register or re-register for the new term at www.ralphs.com or by using the scanbar letter at the register starting September 1, 2014.
3. There are two ways to enroll:
1. Online (email DPHSNewsletter@gmail.com for instructions)
2. Scan-Bar letter (available at the museum if you need a copy)
4. If you received a scan-bar letter last year, it is still good and can be used this year. If you would like to receive a scan-bar letter, please respond to this email and one will be mailed to you via US post office.
5. Even if your participants registered as recently as June, July or August 2014, they will be required to register again, on or after September 1, 2014.
6. Your organization does NOT need to re-register, only your participants.
7. This notice does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program
From The President
It is with heartfelt sadness and admiration for a life well...
Based on all reports received, our March efforts to take...
Our February program will continue our celebration of...