Our February 25, 2015 Program Event: A Fresh Look at the 1825 brig PILGRIM
Please join us on Wednesday, February 25, at 6 pm, at the City Hall Council...
DPHS Annual Meeting and Potluck Dinner Wednesday, January 28
Please join us for our annual meeting and potluck dinner, on Wednesday, January...
See Rick Morgan’s Letter in the Dana Point Times about the Society’s November Trip to Union Station in L.A.
Be sure to check out Rick Morgan’s letter in the Dana Point Times about...
Celebrating and preserving the history of Dana Point
Our own Nancy Jenkins has been voted Citizen of the Year for 2014. She will be honored with the award from the Dana Point Chamber of Commerce on January 29th during their 2015 Annual Meeting & Installation Dinner at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort. The Dana Point Historical Society is a member and the cost is $75.00 for members. We would love to have you join us in this celebration.
RSVP (949) 496-1555
by January 26th.
Welcome new members!
Timothy and Carmen Murphy
Allen & Donna Abersman
Rou & Janet Dohner
Allison & John Burk
Kevin & Janet Van Fleet
Please note members dues renewal payment is in January. This could also be a good time to up-grade your membership to the Patron level or even a Life Membership.
All contributions are tax deductible as the Historical Society is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Dana Point Historical Society advocates for the historic buildings that contribute to the eclectic visual character of the community and serve as reminders of Dana Point’s rich and colorful past, for the enrichment of current and future generations.
If you have out-of-town visitors during the weekend of March 7 & 8 you might want to schedule a walk through historic Dana Point town center. At 2 PM meet the guide at 34091 Pacific Coast Hwy (corner of Blue Lantern and PCH) for the historic town center Walking Tour. See and hear the stories of commercial buildings, private homes and landmarks c. 1924 to 1939, that represent the city’s early development. A free Walking Tour brochure of Dana Point is included. For more information, call 949-248-8121 or email@example.com. FREE – donations gladly accepted.
Should groups of three or more be interested in a tour the second weekend of the Festival, either March 14 or 15, the Historical Society will take advance reservations. To make a reservation please call the Dana Point Historical Society 949-248-8121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations must be made a minimum of three days in advance of the tour.
SUPPORT THE DANA POINT HISTORICAL SOCIETY THROUGH RALPHS COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS PROGRAM
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FOR THE NEW TERM BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2014.
There is no pre-registration! This means that the first day you can register for the new term is September 1, 2014 or after.
1. All members who are currently enrolled in the Ralphs Community Contribution Program will remain active until August 31, 2014.
2. Participants will be required to register or re-register for the new term at www.ralphs.com or by using the scanbar letter at the register starting September 1, 2014.
3. There are two ways to enroll:
1. Online (email DPHSNewsletter@gmail.com for instructions)
2. Scan-Bar letter (available at the museum if you need a copy)
4. If you received a scan-bar letter last year, it is still good and can be used this year. If you would like to receive a scan-bar letter, please respond to this email and one will be mailed to you via US post office.
5. Even if your participants registered as recently as June, July or August 2014, they will be required to register again, on or after September 1, 2014.
6. Your organization does NOT need to re-register, only your participants.
7. This notice does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program
From The President
Welcome to 2015, The Year of Dana. Plans are underway to...
Kudos go to the entire Home Tour Committee for a very...
The Historical Society’s summer began on June 24th with...