Volunteer for DPHS at the 30th Annual Toshiba Tall Ships Festival September 5, 6, & 7th
Please join us in volunteering for the Historical Society’s Toshiba Tall...
2014 Home Tour: “Coastal Living Niguel Shores Style” October 5, 2014
Homes of all descriptions will be on display at the 2014 Home Tour in Niguel...
Dana Point City Seal Designer and Graphic Artist Rick Morgan is Featured Speaker on September 24
Our first autumn meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 24 at 7:00...
Celebrating and preserving the history of Dana Point
Ruby Netzley Passes July 2014, Age 90
Ruby moved to Dana Point in 1989 after a long career with Southern California Edison. She purchased a view home in the new Village development and soon became president of her homeowners association. In 1996 she was elected to the Dana Point City Council and her peers appointed her Mayor of Dana Point in 1999. Her leadership style was decisive and direct. She was always true to herself. We will all miss Ruby.
Welcome new members
Scott & Jacque Demongin
Ben & Michelle Day
Richard & Patricia Curtis
Just a reminder for those who pay their membership dues annually. Your dues should have been paid in January. If you haven’t paid your dues, now might be a good time to up-grade your membership to the Patron level or even a Life Membership.
All contributions are tax deductible as the Historical Society is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
Protect Dana Point’s historically important buildings, collect and preserve documents and photographs that are significant to our heritage, and present programs to entertain and educate. Please join in this important mission.
The Dana Point Historical Society advocates for the historic buildings that contribute to the eclectic visual character of the community and serve as reminders of Dana Point’s rich and colorful past, for the enrichment of current and future generations.
SUPPORT THE DANA POINT HISTORICAL SOCIETY THROUGH RALPHS COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS PROGRAM
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FOR THE NEW TERM BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2014.
There is no pre-registration! This means that the first day you can register for the new term is September 1, 2014 or after.
1. All members who are currently enrolled in the Ralphs Community Contribution Program will remain active until August 31, 2014.
2. Participants will be required to register or re-register for the new term at www.ralphs.com or by using the scanbar letter at the register starting September 1, 2014.
3. There are two ways to enroll:
1. Online (email DPHSNewsletter@gmail.com for instructions)
2. Scan-Bar letter (available at the museum if you need a copy)
4. If you received a scan-bar letter last year, it is still good and can be used this year. If you would like to receive a scan-bar letter, please respond to this email and one will be mailed to you via US post office.
5. Even if your participants registered as recently as June, July or August 2014, they will be required to register again, on or after September 1, 2014.
6. Your organization does NOT need to re-register, only your participants.
7. This notice does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program
From The President
The May Founders Day program honored Harold Kaufman for his...
Attending the April California Preservation Foundation...
March was a busy month for the DPHS members who organized...