50-Year Time Capsule Celebration Will Be Held Monday, August 29, 2016. Here You Can Buy BBQ Tickets, Become a Sponsor, or Get the BBQ Mail-In Form.
Click here to buy BBQ Dinner Tickets: BBQ Tickets Fifty years ago on Monday,...
Save the Date: June 22 For Scholarship Fiesta Dinner Fundraiser
The DPHS Scholarship Fiesta Dinner will be held at 6 PM on Wednesday, June 22,...
Celebrating and preserving the history of Dana Point
DPHS Museum will be closed Saturday, June 25. Please come and visit us at the Doheny Beach Surf Festival!
The Search is On!
Do you or someone you know possess brochures or artifacts from the 1966 Time Capsule Event? The Society is now collecting items for an exhibit celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Time Capsule, which will occur in August. Please let us know if you have any mementos to share — we are especially looking for one of the coveted BBQ tickets presented to attendees in 1966 that promised a free BBQ in the year 2016. Contact us at 949-248-8121 or at DPHSNewsletter@gmail.com.
Welcome new members!
Please welcome new member Bonny Pitkin and group membership Las Buenas Amigas. Also welcome new LIFETIME members Gary and Judy Olson, Hansa and Lakshman Sehgal and Karl and Carol Kuhn.
As a reminder, the annual dues for 2016 were due in January. The membership categories are as follows:
Individual $25 annual
Family $30 annual
Business $50 annual
Patron $100 annual
Life $500 lifetime
Contact Marsha LaRusso
All contributions are tax deductible as the Historical Society is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The Dana Point Historical Society advocates for the historic buildings that contribute to the eclectic visual character of the community and serve as reminders of Dana Point’s rich and colorful past, for the enrichment of current and future generations.
SUPPORT THE DANA POINT HISTORICAL SOCIETY THROUGH RALPHS COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTIONS PROGRAM
PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION FOR THE NEW TERM BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2015.
There is no pre-registration! This means that the first day you can register for the new term is September 1, 2015 or after.
1. All members who are currently enrolled in the Ralphs Community Contribution Program will remain active until August 31, 2015.
2. Participants will be required to register or re-register for the new term at www.ralphs.com or by using the scanbar letter at the register starting September 1, 2015.
3. There are two ways to enroll:
1. Online (email DPHSNewsletter@gmail.com for instructions)
2. Scan-Bar letter (available at the museum if you need a copy)
4. If you received a scan-bar letter last year, it is still good and can be used this year. If you would like to receive a scan-bar letter, please respond to this email and one will be mailed to you via US post office.
5. Even if your participants registered as recently as June, July or August 2015, they will be required to register again, on or after September 1, 2015.
6. Your organization does NOT need to re-register, only your participants.
7. This notice does not apply to participants of the Food 4 Less/Foods Co Community Rewards program