Address: 34001 Chula Vista Avenue
Built: 1948, Anderson
Mills Act: Yes
A variation of the ranch style, this one-story residence was built by Dr. E. W. Anderson in an unusual design that contributes to the streetscape of the neighborhood. The City of Dana Point Historic Architectural Resources Inventory prepared by AEGIS in 1997 describes the house asÂ “. . . an unusual “L” plan that fills the corner property. The lower walls are of concrete block and the upper of horizontal wood siding. The front features a corner door and large wood windows, fixed or casement. The roof is a low pitched hip. It does not fall into a typical style but contributes to the streetscape because of its scale and unusual design.”Â Mary Vasquez was interivewed by the survey consultants and remembered the house being known as a showplace. Mary Reed, a seamstress, owned the home for many years until the late 1970’s.